Local Interests & Places to Visit
Surrounded by many pretty Wolds villages there is no shortage of inns and restaurants to suit all tastes plus a variety of entertaining and outdoor things to do.
Burton on the Wolds itself has two restaurants, Golden Harvest and The Greyhound Inn.
Prestwold Hall for corporate events and weddings. .
- Wymeswold Airfield with Airbossworld, Extreme Kite Sports.
- Canal and river boating at Barrow Boating
- 2 golf courses at Park Hill and Six Hills.
- And the famous Ragdale Hall Health Club
- Trent Bridge Cricket ground. Trentbridge.
- The National Space Centre
- Donington Park Race Track
- Fit 4 You Local Aerobics and pilates Classes
All within a few minutes drive.
Nestling 3 miles west is the university town of Loughborough, well known for athletics, technology and the art college. Historically, Taylor's Bell Foundry and the Great Central Railway. This is the only double track main line heritage railway in the country and is often visited by Thomas the Tank Engine.